China Cat Sunflower

    I had one of those moments this afternoon where I tell myself that a nap is waiting if I just let it happen. So I put on a GD show turned down low, leaned back and kicked my feet up on the desk. And dreamed.
    I was running through a corn field with stalks well above my head. I can still hear the noise as I was slashing through the corn, not running to anything nor running from anything. Just running.
    I soon came into a clearing maybe 20x20 feet that had a trap door in the ground. I opened it and went down a few steps and entered a room full of 20 or 30 women sewing. Some were sitting at machines, some were knitting and others were darning, and there were a half dozen or so children running around the room. As I walked through the room no one took notice of my presence, it was if I was invisible. I headed to a door on the other side of the room (a regular door, not a trap door) and walked out.
    I came out into a field of sunflowers, huge sunflowers, at least twice as tall as me. I began running again, going even faster this time. It came to a point where I thought "I can't be running this fast" and I looked down. I wasn't running but hovering as I was going through the field. I again came to a clearing, much the same as the other, with a trap door also. I opened it and went down and entered a bar. It was a typical bar, people shooting pool, throwing darts and sitting at the bar. I looked around for a familiar face but didn't recognize anyone and it was if I wasn't seen by anyone else, just like the sewing room. Again I walked through and exited a door on the other side of the room.
    This time I came out into a field of corn and sunflowers but I couldn't run, it was way too dense. As I walked through the field the ground became wet, like it had just rained and the more I walked the muddier the ground got. It finally came to a point that I was sinking up past my ankles and I was needing to pull myself out of the mud using the plant stalks.
 Then I woke up, not with a start or anything, my eyes just opened and I was staring at the ceiling. Then I heard the song that was playing, China Cat Sunflower and thought to myself, "that's kind of freaky." Then I looked down and saw Malcolm looking at me with his squinted eyes, sound asleep. (He sleeps with his eyes open quite often).
That was really freaky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Straw?

All in a Days Work (part II)

And Your Winner Is